Did you know facts-
1. 1 in 10 people are dyslexic. However, in America they are suggesting that 1 in 5 people are dyslexic.
2. Dyslexia is the most common learning disability.
3. Many people with dyslexia can be more creative and have a higher level of intelligence.
4. Dyslexia commonly runs in families.
5. 20% of children leave school unable to read properly.
6. Dyslexics only use the right side of the brain to process language, non-dyslexics use three areas on the left side of the brain.
7. Dyslexia is the most common cause of childhood loss of self-confidence.
8. Dyslexics have a strong ability to see concepts with a “big picture” prospective.
Information on fiddling and doodling-
Many dyslexics like to fiddle with something to help with their concentration. There are fiddle toys which can help called Tangle, these can be bought easily online or in some shops. There are several different textured Tangle, smooth, fuzzy, hairy. These fidget toys help to provide a calming influence, they also help you to be more focused and take in more information.
There are many fidget toys available such as fidget pencils and stretchy toys.
Doodling is an activity that many dyslexics like to do, this is good as doodling stimulates the brain and keeps it active. Some learn better if they are allowed to doodle.